Monday, October 23, 2017

Economics Paper

I spent much of today writing 200 words. There is a trend today towards brief academic papers. Most recently, Oxford University decided to admit 500 word papers, where their papers usually are thousands of words. This in fact turns back the clock. Short "papers" (they were letters then) were once common. But it is no snap to write a brief paper. It has to "advance the research interests of a field" in about two paragraphs. With so few words, every word must count. OBSERVATION: My purpose is to prove, albeit modestly, that I am capable of economics -- in this case labour economics. So far, I have been journal published in theology, philosophy, electronics, gnomonics, and organology -- the last of these being a brief paper.

POSTSCRIPT: Alas, my bid failed. I am not Superman. I shall have to rest content with papers in five fields -- for now. I have in fact been published in economics, but not journal published. Or rather, I have been journal published in economics, but only as a part of a larger work.

No comments: