Thursday, December 21, 2017

Representations

People have asked me how my representations to publishers and agents went, in connection with my metaphysic. I made more than thirty representations in November, which was quite a punishing pace. I quickly received about ten "no" responses, but with one agent commenting that I had a "hugely impressive proposal". Such rejections are to be expected -- it is people who know what they want and what they don't want, and want to clear their desks. Therefore about twenty representations are still in the works. OBSERVATION: It's an unusual book, in that it stands or falls on its integration, and not on the usual criteria. People will understand that, or they will not -- and the question then is, for those who understand that, what will they think?

No comments: