Monday, February 26, 2018

Popular Posts

My most popular posts on this blog have always been technical ones. But apart from these, it is posts about my experience with authorities: police and regulators and so on. Now here it is interesting that, if I simply describe something that happened, on my own authority, that post fares worse than other posts, and may drag my whole blog down. But if I put up authorities in their own words -- say, a document or an audio recording -- those posts do much better than the rest. Almost without exception, they shoot to the top of the rankings -- and to the top of the all-time rankings. One sees this at the moment in the column on the right. OBSERVATION: One may surely learn from this: do not let your own words tell the story. Let it be theirs. But also, these stories clearly resonate with readers. The most popular of all is: Police Stop Raid Reports, in which one hears a Colonel doing just that.

No comments: