Saturday, March 10, 2018

Police Assault And Apology

I have been blogging about my progress with the police (or lack of it) in submitting the affidavit I recently put up on this blog. I visited Police Management this week to discuss it, and they explained to me what should be happening. They said I was being waylaid. On a fourth attempt, I succeeded in opening a case. The officer who took my statement told me that the matter was of such a nature that documents may disappear -- so specially made me copies. But next thing, my case was not registered. It wasn't on the system, and they didn't know the name of the person who had it. I went over to the police today and "read them the riot act". In the course of our stand-off, the shift commander assaulted me, throwing me hard against a wall. OBSERVATION: The commander apologised to me afterwards if I was hurt or my tablet damaged, so for now I shall spare him a more exact mention. The affidavit which is all the fuss is at Disclosing An Affidavit.

POSTSCRIPT: I since read that formal complaints of police assault are about ten a day. My experience is not special, therefore, and I was hardly hurt. The greater concern is what could be suppressed.

No comments: