Tuesday, May 29, 2018

SAPS Against SAPS

Earlier this year, I disclosed an affidavit on this blog which I made to police (see Disclosing an Affidavit). The police then gave me instruction to lay charges against the investigating officer, if he should commit a specific offence in this investigation -- which, alas, he did today. I pledged at the time: yes, I would lay charges within one day -- and I put my signature to it. It must have been well anticipated. Col. S.S. Reddy today, of the Central police, committed that offence.

POSTSCRIPT: I did not, could not succeed in laying the charges within the day which followed. However, in that one day, things became more interesting than I ever could have imagined. I am too tired to blog about it now. There was a clarification, too, from Police Management Intervention: yes, the instruction re charges was correct, though these were not criminal charges.

No comments: