Thursday, May 10, 2018

Who We Are

It was a privilege for me recently to write a book review on behalf of Oxford University Press and The Philosopher. It was, however, seriously hard work. My review is scheduled for publication on Monday, when I shall post a link. The review is less important than what I reviewed. Following a multi-million dollar project, there surely is a bombshell coming -- for the world -- in the first major integration and popularisation of research on human character. I think it may be equally important to the discovery, more than a century ago, of the unconscious. One brief quote from the preface of the book: "Most of us, I suspect, tend to think of ourselves, our friends, and our families as good people. ... One of the central themes of this book is that such a picture of our character is badly mistaken." All will be revealed.

No comments: