Sunday, June 10, 2018

Church Intangibles

I attended a kind of Church Meeting today. An overriding impression I received -- as I have in many such meetings -- was that Church is in a different world to business. In business, it seems relatively easy to quantify what one is doing and why. In ministry, that seems close to impossible. I remember the debate when a Church decided to extend my term as Assistant Minister. How does one justify an Assistant Minister? The present needs of the Church? Its future potential? A specific ministry? The Assistant's future calling? We've got the money? He will generate the money? And so on. A lot of it comes down to spiritual vision, spiritual priorities, guidance from God, and so on. OBSERVATION: In my own case, I think the greatest fruit of that extended term was my future ministry.

No comments: