Friday, August 24, 2018

Discovering No Cover

When I was abducted on 31 July, my bank stopped all my monies flowing -- and my health insurance Discovery Health immediately suspended my cover. Their first words to me: "Your cover is suspended." No questions asked. Then they backdated my suspension twelve days. Afterwards they apologised unreservedly for their behaviour -- and continued the suspension. After piecing my world together, I sought to make manual payment. My bank rejected it, reporting incorrect data provided by Discovery. I said to Discovery this morning (by now my money was paid), it's one thing to suspend a person's cover -- worse if you are fully informed of the situation, and continue the suspension. They said it's as simple as this: no money, no cover. I said 'insurance' is about being 'sure'. If one gets in a strait, one wants to know that one's insurance holds.

No comments: