Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Attacked In My Robes

I am tired of damaging rumours against me -- yesterday repeated by a Church finance officer. For this reason, I am here making public facts which relate to (one set of) rumours that he raised. I deposit, too, a letter from the Human Rights Commission (below) as a token to back it up.
• At the close of my urban ministry, I was assaulted by five people in the Church vestibule, in my robes
• My attackers were the treasurer, his sister, his mother, the accountant, and a person close to the accountant, a deaconess. I was most seriously hurt by the treasurer's mother
• My back was badly hurt, so that I was immobilised for most of a year. A resistant bacterium, typically caused by scratches, played havoc with my health. I had been scratched from head to foot
• I immediately placed the attack on record, beginning with witnesses still on the scene, and my injuries were photographed
• A government institution advised me in writing to lay criminal charges against my attackers. I did not
• The Church doctor saw me, wrote out clinical notes, and prescribed medications. This is Dr. Mike Nicholas
• But then he falsified his notes, for example by changing the date, apparently in an attempt to protect my attackers
• I laid a complaint against him with the Health Professions Council, and he filed a reply to the Council
• The Human Rights Commission "carefully assessed" his reply, judged it to be criminal (see below), and advised me to lay criminal charges against the doctor. I did not, or have not
• I requested that the Church deal with the doctor, who was bringing a minister of the Church into disrepute. This, I said, did not seem compatible with tenancy
• The doctor dangerously set me up, with false prescriptions. So far, the Health Professions Council refuses to register this complaint, which seems to me that he is receiving immunity
You may click on the image below, to read the Human Rights Commission's advice concerning the doctor. I have erased a name -- the Commission would not thank me if one of its officers were singled out.



POSTSCRIPT: One of those who attacked me in the vestibule brought bogus charges against me. What I mean is this. They prevailed upon the police to charge me, without providing the material that was required for the police to do so. This according to an investigation by Cape Town's Cluster. It is called "baseless charges" -- a serious offence on the side of the police. I urged the prosecutor: "Put me on trial. Then we'll see." He refused. That is Prosecutor David Jacobs.

No comments: