Saturday, April 13, 2019

Gradual Unravelling

At the beginning of last week, I attended my old urban Church -- as I do from time to time. They have done wonderful work on the property -- we could not have dreamed of it during much of my ministry. At the same time, I was surprised to find that they continued to undo things which I would think are necessary for a Church to survive and to thrive -- the Church now being, by their own description, unsustainable. OBSERVATION: In other words, the surprise is that the unravelling continues for so long. I counted 42 people in Church when I arrived about 10 minutes late -- most of them from my own era as minister. The lowest low reported to me (I didn't count my own congregations) was much higher than that, and that was in a tough first year.

No comments: