Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Law And Order vs. Antagonism

I communicate with people of very different persuasions. An exchange I had yesterday with a Pan Africanist is revealing -- because it shows the link between a decline in law and order, and xenophobia and racism. I told him that we are all a blessing to one another, by and large. He wrote:
"Consider Non South Africans as well black and white who came here just to acquire citizenship and be a burden to the Black Society ... A person who left his own country to come and sell drugs here and be a master of human trafficking, that person is, more than a blessing a burden. These issues affect us directly in the black township. If you were staying here you would understand what I am saying."
Many do not understand the link today. Society, losing its sense of order and security, degenerates into antagonism. He did not know that I often stay in the townships. OBSERVATION: It is much the same in the Church. Where people lose their sense of security, things degenerate.

POSTSCRIPT: I think I need to add that one cannot reduce this to issues of law and order alone. The dynamics go deeper.

No comments: