Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Local Surveillance

Computers communicate with computers while humans do on them whatever else they do. My previous computer was capable of running some simple checks on other computers -- before it was taken from me at gunpoint. Recently I put that capability back -- and, at the same time, began to see other computers' checks on mine. To my surprise, my computer reported that certain government agencies sought my location, my operating system and software, and whether or not my server was active. At the same time, I found that my own checks on government agencies were being blocked more often than before -- in other words, there had been a shift over time. OBSERVATION: I think that if a citizen is stopped from doing basic checks -- for example, how their mail was handled -- an important layer of transparency is removed -- not to speak of the convenience.

No comments: