Monday, September 21, 2020

State, Politics, Church

How to deal with politics as a minister? I have generally separated state, politics, and Church. My Churches have looked favourably on requests from the state, however not from political parties of any persuasion. And I have personally steered clear of political parties -- most recently asking a party not to post messages to my social media pages. I count among my friends members of Nationalist, Democratic, Leninist, Pan African, and Secessionist parties, among others, and sometimes I minister to them, too. OBSERVATION: When it comes to other Churches, I and we have first asked them for a statement of who they are, to see that we are of one heart and mind on the most basic tenets. As a minister, I have worked together fairly broadly with other Churches.

No comments: