Thursday, May 2, 2019

Staff Matters

Any Church has no shortage of staff matters. One of the various tasks of a minister is to attend to these, although I myself have had no authority over staff. Here are some examples. One week, I walked through the Church gate, only to jump back as an aggressive dog lunged at me (the Church had no dog). The same week, I was counselling late. As I left the Church, a bunch of children squeezed past me on the way out. I said: "Shall I lock?" A young girl held up a bunch of keys and said: "It's OK, I have the keys!" Also that week, a company made an appointment to fetch a large ladder from the Church. I arrived to find the Church locked, and the driver waiting in his van, way past his appointment. OBSERVATION: In this case, all three incidents led to one staff member's door. I called a meeting to get things back on track.

No comments: