Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Trust Facebook

Yesterday I described here how I had designed a new button. Today at 12:17 pm I wrote to a company director I know, on Facebook Messenger -- whose company sources belt buckles, among other things -- I had "a new and different concept," I wrote, which "may also be used for belt buckles". At 5:24 pm, an advertisement popped up on my screen: "You'll never go back to a normal belt after you see this." Followed by another one: "Normal belts are outdated." OBSERVATION: It's a pity for them that their belts are not as good as mine! Today's incident does not seem as serious, though, as this: Facebook Snooping.

POSTSCRIPT: I had also made a single Google search for "belt buckles", although my Google search did not suggest something "new and different". With this and the previous example, it seems likely that Facebook scans one's messages, for the purpose of exploiting information.

No comments: