Sunday, February 23, 2020

Odd From Start To Finish

Some time ago, a bank (the Standard Bank) and a regulator (the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors) informed me of criminal activity in connection with the finances of my old city Church. I reported this -- I had to -- to the police. But police Captain G. Johns told me that the investigation had been stopped, for two reasons: one, it lay outside the police's ambit, and two, I was not attached to the Church. Neither made good sense to me. With regard to my attachment to the Church, I thought it was hearsay -- I had proof that the Church was my controlling body. Then, last year, the Presbyterian Moderator Dr. Peter Langerman claimed to have a document which proved I was not attached to my Church. But when I requested it, the Presbyterian Clerk Rev. Colin Campbell informed me that the Moderator had destroyed it:
"The document now does not exist, so it is not possible to give you a hard copy of it." 
I realised then that there might indeed be a document out there, being shown around. Last month, therefore, I put a formal request to the police to see it. They blocked my request. A government office delivered it to them on my behalf. Then, last week, in terms of the Information Act, the police refused my request for the document. OBSERVATION: Which is odd, from start to finish. I know the IRBA reported separately to the Commercial Crimes Unit. (If I should have made any error with the facts -- I am not aware of any -- do let me know and I shall put it up here).

No comments: