Saturday, November 21, 2020

Entertain the Complaint!

I have been seeking since last year to lodge a complaint with the Presbyterian Church, the UPCSA. The Constitution (the Presbyterian Manual) states in §18.59 that "a statement of the grounds ... is put before the Council (it lists various Councils) either by one of its members or by the complainant (which is me)". That seems to ring true. I would add, one should have sought to resolve things personally over coffee and cake well before that. But is it possible to do §18.59? It seems impossible to me, and those who are Presbyterians should be aware of this. It looks to me that the UPCSA's checks and balances are kaput. OBSERVATION: If there is a complaint, entertain it, just as it says in the Manual. And if the complainant (me, for instance) is loopy, this should become perfectly clear in the shortest of time. (There is some broader context at Contraventions).

No comments: