Monday, June 13, 2016

The Head Tracker

More than ten years ago, I designed (click here for a video) The Head Tracker, a robotic head which tracked a person's movement, even through glass. I found the original video of The Head Tracker on YouTube today marked "Private" -- I don't remember putting it there. I have now marked it "Public", so that everyone can take a look. This represents my first test of a prototype on my work desk (eyes only, no head), and it worked first time. I was excited when it did. The only problem at this stage was that the rotating head dragged wires with it. That problem was solved with a custom made rotating plate. I sold the copyright to a publisher in the United States. It was published in the premier edition of Servo Magazine, which is still going strong.

No comments: