Thursday, November 29, 2018

Accountability Removed

Further to the new arrangement of my old Church's finances, I am posting a summary by the reviewer of the finances as to what it means to be a reviewer (one may now appoint a reviewer rather than an auditor -- click ⊳ to Play). OBSERVATION: To put it exactly, for the first time in the Church's history, there is now no need for "independent confirmation or verification of the financial information". See as an example: What is a Review or Compilation? With millions upon millions of rands wrapped up in this Church, it defies all good sense. I believe these posts to be in the Church's good interests -- and the public's interests, too. I don't think I deserve attack -- as has happened. It is misdirected.

POSTSCRIPT: Take an example where this could make a real difference for the future. The treasurer secretly signed first option on the Church property to a businessman. The businessman's secretary showed me this -- not because I asked. There is a copy in some corner of this blog. An auditor would track this, while a reviewer probably would know nothing.

No comments: