Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Spanner In The Wheel

I finally reached the end of all editing of my magnum opus -- several full edits. Now I need to get bound copies out worldwide, for endorsements. At this point, however, I have run into a significant problem. The print scene has changed so much since I last had bound drafts printed (two years ago) that I have to rethink it from the ground up. This not only means finding a new printer, but also matching all the various details that a printer wants. Also, it is not always clear in advance what a printer wants. Things may go perfectly through, say, 20 steps, then step no. 21 stops the process -- as happened to me this morning -- and again this afternoon.

POSTSCRIPT: I found a process that works to my requirements. Whether I use it, we shall see.

No comments: