Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Right to Identity

I had an article published yesterday: Identity: the Interminable Struggle for Right. I shall offer an interpretation of it here. I take a tolerant position with regard to personal identity, which is, I think, a logical outworking of the separation of Church and state, and a rejection of "positive" religion as Hegel called it. My approach has one radical departure from the status quo today: we should not penalise or disadvantage some second party in our quest for recognition. What I mean by this should become clear in the article itself. Among other things, it would have the effect of broadening freedom of religion. OBSERVATION: I think it is the only way to go, to avoid the "interminable struggles" of our day. My late wife was a founding director of the International Institute for Religion.

No comments: