Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Ministry and Philosophy

There's a question under "Recent Comments" on this blog, which was repeated several times: "What has this [philosophy post] got to do with ministry?" I have received such questions ever since I revealed an interest in philosophy. If one can define ministry quite broadly, one could imagine it in two ways: 

1. Direct ministry. In my most recent article in the foremost Spanish philosophy magazine, I wrote extensively about the "God-shaped vacuum". Is this ministry? 
2. Indirect ministry. As a minister, I am a presence in the world of philosophy. Such a presence has in fact been traditional. Only in recent generations did it wane. 

OBSERVATION: There has been a shift on this blog, which seems to me to be fairly recent. Often enough now, most of my "Popular Posts" (in the right hand column) are about my writing, rather than Church ministry. But read between the lines: my Church posts and my writing posts are all mixed up with each other.

No comments: