Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Failed and Passed

Three days ago, I blogged that a company had offered to pay me to edit. Alas, I failed the test / exam -- I was shocked -- and it happened like this. They asked me to provide a list of subjects that, as an editor, I thought I could handle. I gave them a list -- then they wanted more. It was the "more" that sunk me. It was more than they should have asked, and more than I should have given. I failed a subject test. OBSERVATION: But I thought, let me try a company which has not approached me. They welcomed me, and gave me a copyediting test / exam, which is checking text for consistency and accuracy. I passed the exam -- which was quite a tough one. That does not mean, however, that I am through. I need to do a few hours of editing yet, to prove that I can do it. 

No comments: