Sunday, October 27, 2024

Elusive Electricity

It was a Saturday evening, My electricity meter was very low. I sought to buy electricity online. Transmission of the PIN failed. I clicked re-send. It failed again. I clicked re-send. I had my PIN. Now the transaction failed. I tried again. The PIN failed. The PIN failed again. The transaction failed again. My bank advised me to call a help line. The help line failed. I tried again. It failed again. I tried again. My bank told me to call on Monday. I got hold of a technician. He said, ah, I can see that the bank is at fault. Here is what you do. The phone cut out. I called again. He said here is what you do. The phone cut out. I called again. He tried to direct me to a website, but the connection was too bad to hear him. I called back. The phone cut out again. Wife E said, here, there's a brochure which has the URL. But the brochure had misprinted it. It didn't work. I called the technician again. He said I'll repeat. The phone cut out. Finally, I obtained the URL. But my computer wouldn't connect. I tried again. It connected. Again, the PIN failed. And failed again. Finally I had the PIN -- and my electricity. I SMS'd the technician my thanks -- but sending failed. OBSERVATION: I count about twenty failures in a row. I hacked my way through the lot. Originally, telephone lines were invented to get messages through.

No comments: