Saturday, October 19, 2024

Payment Pending

I needed to do some preparatory work this week, for a meeting with a council this coming week. The meeting concerns about eight years of pension, which is owed to me by my former city Church. By today, the amount involved is more than R2 million. Recently I found the original contract which guarantees the pension. There is, apart from that, a memorandum which confirms it, among other things. The pension, however, seems to be unaccounted for. Where did it go? OBSERVATION: I have heard it said, the pension was paid. It was paid from 2002-2013. It should have been paid from 1994-2013, The contract is dated 1993, the memorandum 2013.

POSTSCRIPT: I had a good friend, Rev. Roger Horwood, who died of cancer. His last words to me were, "Don't give up on the pension, Tom."

No comments: