Saturday, August 15, 2026

Delusional (Not)

Many years ago, I saw a doctor, after I was attacked in my robes by a group of churchgoers. The doctor examined me and wrote it all down in his clinical notes. But the next time I went to see him, he opened his notes, and he had changed them -- clearly to suppress the facts. I lodged a complaint against the doctor, with the Health Professions Council. He replied that I had been delusional -- I had been seeing things. Yet that was not possible. I studied psychology. Delusion has nothing to do with seeing things. I took him to the Human Rights Commission. They judged that, rather than there having been any delusion, the doctor was guilty of crimen injuria. But now, the Health Professions Council refused to file the Commission's judgement! OBSERVATION: Finally, fourteen years later, the Health Professions Council has accepted the Commission's verdict, and registered it, and filed it. The doctor was now refusing to respond, said the Health Professions Council. This was a case of contempt. I said that's OK. My version of events is now on record -- I need no more.

No comments: