Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Worse Than Bad

Recently I reported that someone had broken into my e-mail account. They deleted and double-deleted all my Sent mail. This was a bit of a disaster. Afterwards, I obtained the log from my ISP. I showed it to DeepSeek AI. Was it a random hacker? "No." Who was it? DeepSeek revealed who it "likely" was, and bravely gave me three names. OBSERVATION: However, here was the big surprise. The log that I showed DeepSeek AI just had a lot of numbers in it, e.g. 117.26.40.175. But DeepSeek -- commenting on why people might want to do this -- quoted from the deleted e-mails! What? Perhaps DeepSeek found my deleted e-mails in my Inbox -- which is to say, some Inbox items incorporated deleted e-mails. But then, how would DeepSeek access my Inbox? A webmaster looked it over and commented cryptically, "It's worse than I thought."

No comments: