Sunday, January 10, 2010

Anglican Church


I also attended the Anglican Church in Bredasdorp last Sunday (see photo). As you see, the Church is generally alive and well in these parts. I found that there was a strange irreverence about this Church. For instance, I stood next to the man who said the benediction. He said, without pause: "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost amen now where the devil did he [presumably the priest] put that thing?" OBSERVATION: The Communion wine was excellent -- Calitzdorp Ruby Port, if my experience serves me correctly! You may click on the photo to enlarge to VGA. Note the thatch roof -- and the multicultural congregation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks vibrant. What was the preaching like?

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

This might sound rather absurd, but I was trying to pack as many Churches into one morning as I could. I missed the sermon in this one!