Thursday, February 12, 2015

State Of The Nation

I am listening to the State of the Nation Address in Cape Town, which is looking like a worst case scenario for the President. In the Church, one has such worst case scenarios, too, although thankfully they are very rare. At the moment, the Speaker is seeking to apply her authority. Here is how I have handled such moments in Church Meetings. On the turn, I have handed it over to the members for a (blockbusting) vote, which may on occasion include a vote of (no) confidence. OBSERVATION: I do believe we have a problem with what is called political legitimacy in this country. Without it, a government suffers legislative deadlocks and collapse. I have a section on it in my "new book" in Part XI. Basically, I think that people are weary of being stymied here.

No comments: