Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Applying Spiritual Gifts

Spiritual gifts are of paramount importance in the Church. With this in mind, my late wife Mirjam and I sought to identify people's spiritual gifts -- each of us in different ways. She used a questionnaire (the Modified Houts Questionnaire), while I polled Church groups as to what the gifts of their members were. An example of my own method appears on the right -- this is what a group thought that my gifts are: faith, knowledge, leadership, and pastoring (although my personal assessment would not be quite the same). Also, I typically asked newcomers to the Church what their spiritual gifts were, even in our first meeting. OBSERVATION: Once people's gifts are discovered, then, one puts them to use in their area of gifting, or gives them responsibility in that area, as an ongoing thing.

No comments: