Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Disruption (Again)

This is a re-post of 2008. I am re-posting it to give some impression of what one needs to reckon with as an urban minister. "Several times this year so far, I have been physically obstructed in my ministry -- whether in a planning meeting, or counselling, or conducting a Church service. This is not merely people who want to see me on a sudden impulse. Typically it is people who want a trivial favour, and they absolutely do not care where I am or what I am doing, how sacred the event, or how many people surround me -- the whole world has to stop immediately until their demands are met. Unfortunately there is nothing to be done but to ban such people from future admission to the Church premises, if they are intent on -- for example, a real example -- disrupting a wedding for a small handout." OBSERVATION: In the city, it may be Church members, too, who behave like this.

No comments: