Sunday, April 1, 2018

Delusions And Hallucinations

It is interesting that evidence is mounting that delusions and hallucinations (not to speak of self-deceptions, which affect us all) may be treated with some success through counselling -- specifically cognitive behavioural therapy. Delusions and hallucinations -- called psychosis -- have often been thought to be intractable without medication. OBSERVATION: This is interesting to me personally, because I have not turned people away from counselling who were clearly deluded (an example: "I control the Arab Spring"), or hallucinating ("These spotlights are very bright"). More than that, cognitive behavioural therapy has a lot in common with ministry, and the methods which I myself have used -- before cognitive behavioural therapy became news.

No comments: