Thursday, December 13, 2018

Believing The Wrong People

My post (click here) Accountability Removed has turned out to be particularly popular. It is a very serious matter. A major Church -- my old city Church -- has deliberately reduced its financial accountability to the level of, say, a tennis club when it is a multi-million rand concern, and potentially worth multi-multi millions to anyone interested in gain. Throughout my ministry, I insisted on high standards of accountability and transparency in the finances but -- so wrote a consultant (David Newby) -- my attentions slipped when my wife died. There followed awful dishonesty among the finance officers, which should have aroused great concern. I myself was vilified by these officers -- not by others, except by way of exception. And here, of equal concern, is who people chose to believe. People believed the wrong people. I may not have spoken always with excellence, but I spoke the truth. The Church treasurer ultimately confessed in writing to "wrongdoing", to a government agency, with five diaconate signatures beneath his. At that point, at the latest, people should have paid serious attention, and set aside the people involved. OBSERVATION: (I distinguish between dishonesty and fraud -- see for example Deleted Bank Records).

No comments: