Monday, May 20, 2019

The Will-Ought Distinction

I had an article published this morning titled The Will-Ought Distinction  -- with thanks to philosopher Martin Cohen for editing it -- among other things, making it "a bit racier". The is-ought distinction is a philosophical classic which lies at the core of moral philosophy. In my article, then, I introduce a related distinction which, as best I am aware, does not exist in philosophy today, yet may be very useful in reflecting on the nature of science and ethics, among other things. OBSERVATION: Interestingly, an article I wrote three months ago, which seemed to be a dud at the time, has now attracted much interest: What Truly Exists? This sought to solve, with a thought experiment, the longstanding question as to what "things" are really real.

No comments: