Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Not a Burglary?

I had the first opportunity today to view my country cottage after it was broken into with massive force (elsewhere on this blog). But I was so surprised by what I found. I could not see anything definitely missing. Not only that. There were precious valuables everywhere but everywhere, untouched. The photo shows expensive crockery and crystal glasses, untouched. As I was there, a neighbour called by. I said this is the strangest thing. He said it's sheer vandalism, it's crazy. Vandalism? I found not a thread broken, not a splinter off anything. It was all perfectly intact. The only obvious damage I found was papers which had been set alight inside the house, and burnt to ashes. I photographed it all. The police have closed the case (for now) for want of evidence.

No comments: