Monday, June 21, 2021

An Intern's Task

In 2009, our Church had a Canadian intern, who received the designation "Assistant Minister". He was assigned to our Church by a Canadian university. What does one do with an intern? His own report to the Church sums it up: 

"I believe Thomas and I have developed a good program here, and my supervisors back home in Canada seem to be in agreement. If all goes to plan, by the end of the year I will have been involved in all aspects of ministry here at Sea Point, from an overview of the finances, to sitting in on counselling sessions, to chairing the diaconate meeting. I know that I have learned a lot so far from the practical experience that I have been able to have so far, and I look forward to what I will be able to learn in the coming months." 
OBSERVATION: There was a moment of panic when I put him in charge of charity. He was immediately overwhelmed -- perhaps all the more so as word spread that an affable Canadian was now in charge. I also gave him regular written assignments.

No comments: