Sunday, September 26, 2010

Inventions Again

Returning to the subject of inventions, I had a few "big ones" which are widely known today. One of them was the wind-up LED torch/flashlight. I sold the copyright in October 2000. Then in March 2006 some cuckoos patented it! (US Patent no. 7 019 492). It is now the LightStorm flashlight. Another "big one" was the disco strobe/flash necklace, which one sees everywhere today, in various forms. I sold the copyright in February 2004. This is now produced by Firefly, among others. A third "big one" was the micropower wart remover, which has gone into production all over the world, and is also advertised for treating cold sores. I sold the copyright in September 2004. This is now produced, among others, by WartAbater. OBSERVATION: I decided to stick to selling copyrights, since the world of patents/trademarks is costly and rapacious (and disturbing). Also, actually, it would have been hard for me to tell which of my many designs would "make it" and be worth the patents/trademarks. So I could have made my fortune ... or could I?

No comments: