Saturday, September 30, 2017

Inventing

My (we hope) future daughter-in-law and I got to talking about theremins, of which I have designed a few. But I said they require extreme design, and are difficult to play. One could do a non-electronic theremin, I said. I set about designing a new musical instrument. Nothing like it is to be found on the Internet -- which is surprising, as my concept seems stupidly obvious. My first prototype, my proof of concept, worked first time, but played only over a few notes, with obvious noise. By now, I am on my fifth prototype. This ranges over one octave, and the sound is much cleaner. I hope that my sixth prototype will be close to the goal. OBSERVATION: A million people will play this instrument. That is why I am not putting details on my blog. I have a track record of successful design: I would consider talking to anyone about manufacture (a non-disclosure agreement).

No comments: