Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Ecclesiology And The City

I believe that Churches other than Congregational are not likely to thrive in urban environments. There are of course Congregational Churches which are not Congregational in their dynamic -- and non-Congregational Churches which are Congregational in their dynamic. I therefore speak of a Congregational dynamic. In my experience, Churches which are not Congregational in their dynamic -- Methodist, Anglican, Presbyterian, and so on -- do not thrive in an urban environment, although they may survive. OBSERVATION: Close to home is my own urban Church, which I still attend. It has drifted far from a Congregational dynamic, and has become unsustainable. Pentecostal Churches thrive in an urban context, however they may be quite close to Congregational.

No comments: