Friday, September 30, 2022

Shaken

Four years ago, I was seized by gunmen. After reporting to police, I made a protected statement to attorneys -- which is to say, private and protected by law. An agent of the state got it nevertheless, in two days flat. This morning I received a message which ended with these words: 

"i can still see through walls.
so, don’t suck your thumb, boy"

I was really shaken. My first priority, I thought, was to find out whether this was sent by an agent of the state, or some loon -- or simply someone who hadn't considered the possible power of a message like this. It took me a while, but I discovered that it (probably) is the latter. I was still shaken, but I could relax. OBSERVATION: I think there may be a lesson here. Perhaps the reader will see it.

No comments: