Monday, August 19, 2024

Perplexing Faith

A good minister friend did something that has given me something to think about ever since ... He resigned his ministry at a time when his Church was perhaps on its highest high. At the same time, he took a faith decision to (quote) “just stand firm, and watch God's saving work for you take shape”. Therefore, he waited on God alone for his future. He refused to be proactive in any way -- even to speak of his situation. That way, he said, he would know that it was God when anything occurred. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. He confided in me that his money had almost run out. Still he refused to be proactive. I found myself increasingly perplexed by this, as if it were my own situation. At the 11th hour, he received a call.

No comments: