Tuesday, July 1, 2025

30-Day Deadline for the Church

Earlier this year, I hired attorneys to investigate three issues in connection with my old city Church -- then to report in writing the facts that they found. Last week, they completed the report. In one important finding, they wrote that, on 25 May 2014, the Church Diaconate had sent out a letter to all the members, which 

"insinuates that our client had been charged with a criminal act"

But the truth of the matter was that  

"in fact, our client was never charged" 

Therefore, "given the significance of such a defamatory claim against a Reverend," they requested "that the Church rectify this claim in similar fashion as that of the previous correspondence." The Church now has 30 days to send out a new letter. OBSERVATION: The reason why this is now topical is that I first saw the defamatory letter on 10 January 2025.

POSTSCRIPT: Since this post is now twice in my Top of the Pops, I may add that the police reported that they didn't even "have anything of you on paper", as there was nothing I ever needed to defend. That is still on record today.

No comments: