Thursday, September 24, 2026
Rousing the DSD
Here's an interesting one. On 25 February 2025, I submitted a formal complaint, in terms of §18 of the Manual of Faith and Order, to the Uniting Presbyterian Church (UPCSA). They ignored it, repeatedly. I put this to the Department of Social Development (DSD), with whom the UPCSA are registered. I said that the UPCSA's reporting channels were out of order. The DSD said that I should come on over, and we would talk. I exercised my right to refuse a verbal discussion, and insisted on written communications. Among other things, this was too important for a verbal discussion. But the DSD refused a written response. Therefore I referred them to the Public Protector (PP). The Public Protector called me today (a public holiday)! The DSD were "not co-operating", they said, and they were now considering a subpoena. Could I help them with a last attempt to rouse the DSD? OBSERVATION: And the UPCSA's reporting channels, to this day, remain inert. But we may be getting somewhere ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment