Tuesday, November 24, 2015

No Planning

There are those who say that a failure to plan is a plan to fail. However, I cannot think of one new group under my ministr(ies) which was planned -- and there were many. Here is just one example. It happened in February 2009. Before a certain Sunday service, I learned that our choir was dead. After a few more performances, they would close. Yet after that very same service, I walked in on an impromptu music practice in the Church. Oh, what was this? It was a group of young adults, who told me that they saw themselves performing in Church every second Sunday. The choir was dead: long live the choir. OBSERVATION: I can bear witness that it is possible for a Church to do without planning, at least insofar as this has to do with spiritual ministry.

No comments: