Thursday, March 28, 2019

† Beate Nussbaumer

Sadly, we lost an aunt in Switzerland this week -- my late wife Mirjam's aunt Beate. The notice of her death (pictured) describes her like this: full of goodness, warm-heartedness, helpfulness, and trust in God -- and this is true. Indirectly, she changed the course of my life. Mirjam, before she died, took a story from Beate's life, to name a wife for me -- a wonderful woman who has brought me much joy. Many years ago, a dying wife had named Beate as her husband's next wife. Mirjam kept repeating the story before her death. I said: "You've told me that." She said: "I'm telling you again." Then she named E as my next wife. We were married just over two years after Mirjam's death. OBSERVATION: At the time that Mirjam named her, I knew E only in passing.

No comments: