Friday, May 17, 2019

Greedy As Death

I asked at Oliver Tambo International Airport today whether I could connect. Certainly, they said. It was free. They merely required my name, number, e-mail, and sex. That was all. But when I had provided that, they required permission to
collect, get, receive, record, organise, collate, store, update, change, retrieve, read, process, analyse, use, and share your personal information ... personal information does not include information that does not identify a person ...
This would include
identity data, contact data, location data, technical data, usage data, marketing and communications data ... identity documents, photographs, qualifications, delivery addresses, MAC and IP addresses, technology ...
OBSERVATION: And so on! It reminds me of the Bible verse: Like death, it cries 'More, more!' I just said no. It seems hard to believe that they dare to ask all this. I wonder what Oliver Tambo would have thought, who himself concealed such data.

No comments: