Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Bomb Disposal

One gets called out for some unusual reasons, as a minister. A Church member, a mother and a refugee from Central Africa, called me in a panic one day. She said: “They’ve planted a bomb in front of my door!” I thought the chances that it was a bomb were slim. I went over -- she lived in a block of flats. I asked her: “Where's the bomb?” She said, “It’s in that plant pot!” There was a plant pot near her front door. But it looked like an ordinary plant pot to me -- with a plant in it. She said that someone in overalls had delivered it. I said: “It’s common to deposit pot plants in places to make an empty building seem more inviting.” She settled down. OBSERVATION: This was an otherwise level-headed woman. There may well have been a reason from her past which made her think it might be a bomb. She did come from a war-torn nation.

No comments: