Monday, June 24, 2019

Leadership Fallacy

There was a misunderstanding about a recent post, which I have (I hope) corrected. This gives me opportunity to say how pleased I am to see how many scholars have now referenced my work on leadership. There are more, but here are some: 
• KJ Pali • C Fee • J Burchfield • JSA Wilson • W DeJesus • G Anderson • CNAH Hernandez • DW Davis • BAA White • DB Barrass • K Pearson • C  Bledsoe • R Hendricks • C McCall • G Choi • GW Davis • FVZ Slabbert • VS Sindo
OBSERVATION: The importance of my work was that I found a way to critique a cluster of "transformational" leadership theories in the absence of statistics. I think that mine was therefore the first major critique of those theories, in 2009. There is a basic fallacy in leadership texts. They report: "This is how people thrived on our leadership theory." But what if 20% thrived, and 80% crashed? I found strong indications that this was the case, yet no useful statistics. So I had to build a case from scratch. The method has been very useful to me since.

No comments: