Friday, June 21, 2019

R1.3 Million Pension Owing

It came up again last week. At the close of my city ministry, I sat with Rev. Malcolm Davidson and Attorney Elmarie Neilson, to write up a memorandum of agreement between me and the Church. She and I both recorded it on separate sheets. I sent a copy of mine to her -- but she did not send a copy of hers to me. Then the Church failed to pay me more than eight years of pension. The loss would be devastating. I approached the Church. They replied:
"An agreement was concluded ... You had the benefit of Elmarie Neilson's and Malcolm Davidson's guidance ..." 
My own memorandum shows at the top:
"8 years pension. ±1.3 mil." and struck through: "to minimum of 1 mil."
It also records:
"Resign on condition all finalised." This included the pension.
Elmarie Neilson's memorandum reflected the same. I asked her for a copy. She refused. I sent her a legal request. She refused. I sent her a legal appeal. She refused. I stopped short of court action to extract it from her. I went to see Malcolm Davidson. He said, in a recorded conversation:
"I took no cognizance of what was said, because I was simply there praying, praying."
OBSERVATION: In fact he was there advising, guiding. Elsewhere on this blog, in a recorded conversation, a Church treasurer says: "We will pay you your pension." That was the agreement. But it has not been fulfilled to this day. The Church members (who govern the Church) are still under obligation. By now, I am told, the pension includes considerable interest, and would require an actuary to figure it out.

No comments: