Saturday, August 31, 2019

Immoderate Moderator

Earlier this month I received an e-mail from the Moderator of the Presbyterian Church. He had documentation, he wrote, from my old city Church -- and made improper claims on this basis (elsewhere on this blog). City attorneys cautioned that there may be "a false document in circulation". I kindly asked the Presbyterians to show me the documentation -- then I sent them a legal request. The Presbyterian Clerk got in touch. This had nothing to do with the Presbyterians, he wrote. I replied no, "I need to see what is going on." I sent a legal appeal. The Clerk responded:
"Rev Dr Peter Langerman [the Moderator] ... deleted the document as well as the e-mail. The document now does not exist, so it is not possible to give you a hard copy of it."
OBSERVATION: This was after I had approached the Moderator with the problem. I think this was an unfortunate mistake. One does not delete such documentation. One shows it -- not to speak of making some sort of apology for improper claims. I have twice offered a reward on this blog to see that documentation, and here I offer it again. It is all very well to say there is this or that documentation which proves this or that, and therefore this matter is closed. But where is it? Show it to me. I should be the first to see it. See also Demurring Denomination

No comments: